Home
HeaderBooks, Music, Gizmos, Ideas, Info, Stories... and anything that tickles our whims and fancies.

Quotation of the Day

Free daily content provided by The Free Dictionary

In the News

Free daily content provided by The Free Dictionary

Feed

Add to The Free Dictionary

Thank You For Calling....

TerritorialMale • • • Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Saturday
Beep...beep...beep...beep...beep.........
Voice: "Thank You for calling XYZ. To speak in English, dial 1...in Hindi, dial 2....in Bengali, dial 3."
Me: Beep
Voice: "To know about our services, dial 1...For billing information dial 2, for blah, blah, blah, dial 3...To speak to a customer service agent, dial 9...to go to the main menu, dial #"
Me: Beep
Voice: "Thank You for calling XYZ. I am So-n-so. How may I help you today?"
Me: "Hi! Is your network down? I cannot log on to the net."
So-n-so: "No. Our network's OK."
Me: "I cannot log on..."
Sonso: "May I have your number?"
Me: "Sure. 12-345-6789"
Sonso: "May I place you on hold for a minute. I will have to check a few things."
Me: "No problem."
.............................
..................................................
.....................................................................
....................................................................................
Sonso: "I'm sorry but you'll have to call your local representative."
Me: "OK!"
Sonso: "Are you on a dial-up or broadband?"
Me: "Dial-up"
Sonso: "Would you like to upgrade to broadband service?"
Me: "Let me try this first."
Sonso: (A little disappointed)..."OK! Is there anything else."
Me: "Nothing else."
Sonso: "Thank You for calling...Have a nice day!"
Click
 
Beep....beep.....beep........beep....................
Ring....ring.......ring..
Voice: "Hello! This is XYZ"
Me: "Is your network down?"
Voice: "Yes sir, the network is down. It should be up within a day."
Me: (With some relief) "Thanks!"
Click...
 
Saturday
The network trickled...
 
Sunday
No network......
 
Monday
..............
 
Tuesday
Same story
 
Wednesday
beeep....beep....beep.......bee.........p
Voice: "Hello! This is XYZ."
Me: "Is the network still down?"
Voice: "It is fine now. I has been working since Sunday."
Me: "I still cannot connect."
Voice: "Have you changed your settings?"
Me: "No I haven't."
 
Voice: "May I have your number please!"
Me: "12-345-6789"
Voice: "Let me check something. Please hold..."
Me: (Irritated)..."I always pay my bills on time."
Voice: "Uh..uh..mmmmm!"
Voice: (After sometime) "We'll work on it. I'll give you a call after a while. Sorry for the inconvenience."
 
...after an hour
Hurray! I'm blogging again...
• • •3:55 AM• Permalink0 comments

 

0 Comments:


Post a Comment