Home
HeaderBooks, Music, Gizmos, Ideas, Info, Stories... and anything that tickles our whims and fancies.

Quotation of the Day

Free daily content provided by The Free Dictionary

In the News

Free daily content provided by The Free Dictionary

Feed

Add to The Free Dictionary

Random Access Memory

TerritorialMale • • • Sunday, February 12, 2006

I've been trying to re-design my blog. What you see now is one such attempt. Looks presentable but I know I can do better. I hope I come up with a masterpiece that will stay online for atleast a year.

Between attempts at revamping and nitty-gritties of life, I've been doing very less browsing. Occasionally, I come up with interesting sites worthy of mention in the blog-world. There were days when I used to chat often. Then there were sleepless nights in the pool rooms of Yahoo Games. I wonder why I don't do that more often. I guess it was just a passing phase.

Anyway, that was not what I wanted to write about. Now, what was I going to write about? I've been forgetting things more often lately. I use a pen and forget where I last placed it. I can't remember names, faces and a whole lot of things. Am I going crazy? Not so according to Bob Gray.

I quote him: "There is no such thing as a bad memory...only an untrained one!"

That's a relief. Absence of mind has been a source of mirth time and again and most of it directed at professors. I don't find them funny anymore. What, with the regularity at which I am forgetting things?

One must have heard about the two sides of the brain, the right and the left. People who use the right more are creative and the people who use the left are more methodical. Or is it the other way round? Ones who use both have better memory. So, which side do I use? The middle part, maybe!

There's is a test you can try out on Bob's site. Or download it here. Maybe Bob wouldn't do it but DON'T FORGET to scan it for viruses. Please!

• • •8:30 AM• Permalink3 comments

 

3 Comments:

Blogger J. Alfred Prufrock said...
Honoured to be on your blog-roll. Always a nice feeling to drop by somebody's blog the first time and see oneself on the side-bar.

Surely that film is "Chase a Crooked Shadow"? A favourite of my father's too.

J.A.P.
10:06 AM  
Anonymous Hiren Shah said...
Waiting for your masterpiece,

That memory statement was very engrossing.

If you are right brained, better to partner with somebody leftbrained and vice-versa.
5:37 AM  
Anonymous Hiren said...
What I meant above by right brained and left brained has more to do with work situations where we complement each other's strengths and weaknesses. .

As for the management prodigy, his name is Ashish kundu. He did rise to become CEO from Assistant Manager in just over an year and built a big business of his own later on.
9:30 AM  

Post a Comment